Worried about the extra pounds you’re carrying on your rear end? Is there any magical way to get rid of the ‘cottage cheese’ on your butts? Well, though not magical, there are ways to lose butt fat.
Distribution of body fat varies depending on body shapes.
Apple-shaped people carry most of the excess fat around the midsection if so you can review ways to lose belly fat.
While a pear-shaped body carries the extra pounds around its hips, thighs, and of course, buttocks.
Body fat can plague thighs to beer belly’s in women; it can show in middle-aged men as well
Type Of Fat Your Butt Gains
Fat stores extra calories in a safe way so the body can mobilize it when you feel hungry.
Fat also releases metabolism-controlling hormones. Various types of body fat may include white, brown, visceral, subcutaneous, and belly fat.
The fat you accumulate on your butt is subcutaneous fat that lies just under the skin.
Though unlike the visceral fat subcutaneous fat doesn’t cause severe health problems, accumulation of extra subcutaneous fat can spoil your rear view.
Common Causes Of Developing Butt Cellulite
Cellulite is the dimpled skin on thighs and butts. Cellulite is composed of normal fat cells (subcutaneous fat) that usually don’t cause any ill health. You can review how to get rid of inner thigh fat as well for more information. The most common causes of cellulite are:
- Poor diet
- Slow metabolism
- Less physical activities
- Hormonal changes
- Fad dieting
- Total body fat
Butt fat generally imposes no health perils but can ruin your body shape. Stand in front of the mirror; if you’re struggling to fit into your last year’s swimsuit – either the suit shrank or your posterior grew and you know the reason very well.
Tips On Losing Butt Fat
Getting flabby or sagging won’t work. Let’s make a butt makeover plan.
When genetics and anatomy matter…
- Have patience – It definitely takes time and stability to trim away stubborn butt fat, build up glutes, and shape up your body. There’s nothing like a perfect butt though you can always expect to make it shapelier and firmer.
- Know the bun basics – Your rump is perfectly made up of three key muscles called together as ‘glutes’ – gluteus maximus, gluteus medius and gluteus minimus. Gluteus maximus is the largest and the strongest muscle of the body giving shape to your butt apart from helping you stand upright, walk and raise and move your legs. The glutes are covered by subcutaneous fat but the amount of fat you carry is determined by your genetics and lifestyle.
- Look at yourself – If you shape like a pear, you can’t change your shape but can change your size. Your target is to reduce the butt but not to wish it completely away. You just try to bring more shape and tone to your rear.
- Enjoy the bun – If you were born with a great rump and still have that, just celebrate your endowment and do the needful to keep it fit and in a good shape.
Now it’s enough of genetics and anatomy. Let’s turn the attention to your lifestyle. Get the buns in shape by combining smart and balanced nutrition with some strength and cardio training.
- Diet – There is no such bun-burning foods or diet. A healthy diet includes whole foods like veggies, lean protein, fruits and whole grains and good fats (mono- and polyunsaturated fats). You should take small portions at a regular interval of three to four hours. Such a diet plan helps you reduce overall body fat and feel energetic and satisfied without having any cravings.
- Strength building – One of the best bun-shaping exercises is squat. The secret behind a perfect Brazilian beach butt might lie with regular squats.
- Cardio Schedule – This is the simplest way to get a perfect butt. Brisk walking (as much as possible) and aerobic exercises including biking, running, walking helps to burn up to 400 calories a pop.
Ways To Lose Butt Fat For Men
Butt fat is though common among women, men can also develop this fat especially in between their 40s and 50s. If you’ve got some unwanted junk in the trunk, let’s get rid of it.
Speed up the fat loss with bun-burning exercise regimen especially the single-move ones that improve muscle definition and build muscle mass. But the exercise regimen must be complemented with a healthy eating plan to get the perfect butt that you want.
And here are 9 ways that help you lose unwanted rear fat.
Hiking gives you the same benefits of stepping up stairs.
Both of them burn almost equal amounts of calories if you do it for the same amount of time at the same relative intensity. You can include hill climbing to your adventure as this boosts workout’s impact. Think of each step uphill as one more step toward a tighter and slimmer rear.
Climb The Stairs
Avoid using escalators and elevators.
Step up the stairs whenever possible to burn extra calories and thus improve your wellbeing and fitness.
According to various studies, even a small amount of stair climbing can give you significant health benefits.
First, you step up the stairs at a rate of 90 steps per minute for two minutes each time for once a day, five days a week in the initial week. You can gradually do it better. Follow this for seven to eight weeks continually. And you’ll see that by the seventh or eighth week you can climb the stairs at least five times a day.
This 10 minutes exercise per day can make a real difference in your fitness.
HIIT At Gym
HIIT (high-intensity interval training) can be defined as a series of different alternative exercise types done together for a fast-paced workout.
As little as only four minutes of HIIT workout can make a huge difference in your suitability. Gradually try to move the time up to 20 to 30 minutes ensuring more calorie burning. This is a great bun-burning workout. Your gym instructor would ask you to include at least one or two exercises per muscle group in your HIIT regimen.
The routine should boast 10 to 15 exercises. Do each exercise with maximum effort for a minimum of 30 seconds. Take a recession of 10 seconds between two exercises. Single move exercises simply work amazingly to lose butt fat. So you must target them.
Here is a list of some butt-oriented workouts.
Perform one or two of them between two glute exercises.
- Jumping jacks
- Jogging in a fixed place
- Leg lifts
Do Some Yoga
Power Yoga typically includes HIIT-like sequences as a part of every session.
Select a yoga training class that offers at least 15 to 20 minutes of difficult, linked moves that would make you sweat. Usually, yoga classes include deep stretching that helps improving flexibility and also endorses relaxation.
Sitting continually isn’t good for building butt muscles unless you’ve simply nothing to sit on. Yess.. I’m talking about chair pose for strengthening butt muscles.
- Press the back into the wall
- Keep the feet about a hip-width apart
- Cross the arms lifting them away from the body
- Slowly slide the back down the wall until the knees are at 90-degree angle. Keep the knees in line with the toes without letting them past the toes.
- Hold this position for 30 seconds
This is chair pose or Utkatasana when you’ll do it without wall support. Stand with the feet hip-width apart, sweep the arms up straight by the ears. Then slowly sit down on a chair in the air. You should be in such a positing from where you can see the toes in front of your knees.
All major muscles of your butt, thighs, lower back and hamstrings are worked on during squats.
You don’t need any exercise gear to practice squats. All you require to do is to stand straight keeping the toes forward and feet shoulder-width apart. With this position and your head straight, arms crossed in front of you, squat down as if you’re trying to sit down. But stop once the thighs are in a parallel position to the floor. If you want, you can add weights either wrapped around the waistline or handheld.
You can gradually try moving forward to jumping squats that require you to simply jump up from the basic squatting position.
This requires you to step forward with one leg while keeping the knee bent. Make sure you keep your heels on the floor while keeping the other knee straight behind. Now switch to other leg and repeat the same procedure.
Chest then Boxed for some interval cardio 🥊💪🏻 #gymjunkies #gymjunkie #boxing #hiit #kickboxing #fitfam #fit #fitness #Workout #TFLers #npc #instagood #bodybuilding #fitspo #fitfam #instafit #photooftheday #fitnessmeme #dedication #determination #soback #workoutvid #abs #ripped #gymmeme #gains #crunchfitness
This helps significantly to lose butt fat.
- Start on with all fours
- Keep the knees under hips about hip-width apart
- Place the hands shoulder-width apart
- Line up creases of the wrists under shoulders
- Extend one leg back while toes pointing down
- Lift the leg until it’s level with the back
- Lower the leg for one rep and do 5 reps at a time on this side
- Now switch side
Stand between two platforms of the same height. Step up onto each platform without turning toward it and that’s the way you’re practicing a side stepping. Get back to the starting position each time before you step up to the other part.
There is no dearth of ways to lose your butt fat..all you need to have the proper motive…
There is nothing like ‘spot reduction’. Adhering to the above recommendations of diet and workout plans though can help you reduce excess butt fat. Being focused on exercises that especially work the glutes can help in muscle building, but they can’t melt the fat from butt magically.
You’re basically at the mercy of your family health history and genetics as it comes to the order of regions you eliminate fat from.
Instead of being too much worried about getting the butt you desire, focus on overall, positive changes you can feel in your body as you start working on improving the booty.
And this attitude can only help you stay motivated. Remember, the intensity of workout plays the most important role as it comes to calorie burn. High intensity training sessions would burn more calories in less time and thus help you shed extra fat quicker.
But remember to talk to an experienced gym trainer, and if possible – to your physician, before making any changes to your diet or start getting involved in vigorous workout sessions. Check out www.fitnessgoals.com to know about some other amazing ways to reduce body fat.
Latest posts by Terry Asher (see all)
- PRP – Why Every Athlete Should Know About Platelet Rich Plasma Injections - Aug 18, 2017
- What Are The Best Weightlifting Shoes? - Aug 17, 2017
- A Very Low Calorie Diet, Is It Effective? - Aug 16, 2017