Do you ever get confused by all of those weight loss diets out there?
Yeah me too…
Low carb, low fat, high protein, high fiber, Chinese tea secrets, 2-day fasts, detox diets…. It’s all WAY too confusing for new dieters. Dieting should be simple to follow. If it’s simple, all you need to do is stick to your diet and you’ll see REAL RESULTS (quickly I might add).
We’ve broken this weight loss diet down so that it’s easy for you to follow. This diet is made for people who want to…
- lose body fat quickly (which equals weight loss)
- keep lean muscle mass
How To Lose Weight
Weight loss, in the most basic sense, comes down to a simple plan. You need to eat less calories than you burn. Period. The best way to do this, is to diet and exercise. But you already knew that. So, let’s get to the meal plan. . .
I can sum up the meal plan up in six simple words: Eat small, well balanced meals throughout the day. But you want more specifics than that, right? Ok, here we go.
Eat 3 meals and 2 snacks every day. If you need to, you can add a third snack. Space each meal/snack about 3 hours apart.
Weight Loss Meal Plan
Eat and drink the following:
- Green, Red, or Yellow Pepper
- Green Beans
- Pretty much any green leafy vegetable (except iceberg lettuce)
Eat 2 – 4 servings of the following throughout the day:
- Pretty much any fresh fruit you like
Eat one 4 – 6 ounce lean serving of the following with each meal. These foods can be grilled, steamed, baked, or stir fried. No breaded or fried foods!
- Turkey breast
- Chicken breast
- Eggs (2 or 3)
Eat one serving of the following with each snack. I do recommend not eating dairy during your weight loss plan, but if you feel you need it, eat it with you snacks:
- Natural peanut butter (no sugar, no salt added)
- Low-fat cottage cheese
- Low-fat milk
Eat these only with a meal after you workout and only small amounts:
- Brown rice
- Whole wheat bread
- Whole wheat pasta
- Other whole grain food items
Use the following in extremely limited portions or not at all:
- Salad dressing
Food And Drinks You MUST Stay Away From To Lose Weight
- Soda (tons of sugar and lots of empty calories)
- Alcohol (empty calories and usually leads to bad food choices when drinking)
- Fast Food
- Creamy salad dressings (Ranch, 1000 Island, etc.)
Example Of Weight Loss Meals
Ok, so what does a day’s worth of meals and snacks look like? Check out the sample below:
7:30am 2 eggs scrambled in non-stick pan with chopped green pepper and onion, 1 piece of wheat toast dry, small fruit cup of berries, melon, and pineapple, 1 cup of black coffee.
10:30am 10 almonds, 1 apple.
1:00pm Large spinach salad with cucumber, celery, grilled chicken breast, and 1/2 tablespoon of Italian dressing.
4:00pm Handful of walnuts, 1 orange.
6:30pm Grilled steak, large portion of steamed asparagus, small side salad with lettuce, tomato, and small amount of vinaigrette dressing.
9:00pm 4 celery sticks with small amount of natural peanut butter.
Some other final tips:
- Drink a large glass of water with each meal and snack.
- Pre-cook and prepackage your meals and snacks for the rest of the week. I usually do this on Sunday. This is MUCH easier if you eat the same meals each day.
- Keep a food journal and track your weight loss. You should be losing about 2 pounds per week. If you’re losing less than that, you probably need to tighten it up. If you’re losing more than that, it might be time to add that third snack. Whether you need a beginners workout, or
how to gain muscle mass for skinny people, your diet will play a huge role.
- If it comes in a wrapper or other packaging, don’t eat it
If you have any comments or questions, feel free to post them below!
Latest posts by Terry (see all)
- How Important Are Net Carbs For Building Huge Muscle? - Apr 28, 2017
- The Matt Damon Workout Explained - Apr 27, 2017
- Watercress – Benefits And The Best Way To Consume It - Apr 26, 2017