Do you have a difficult time concentrating on tasks and/or maintaining focus throughout your days?
Many of us do. The use of prescription (much more serious) and new wave “brain drugs” aka “limitless pills” has become increasingly popular over the years in the US to help those who suffer from forms of ADHD ranging from mild to severe.
Depending on the severity, some turn to prescription drugs such as Adderall, Ritalin,etc. while others try the natural supplement route and experiment with nootropics aka cognitive enhancers designed to that improve your cognitive function, mainly executive functions, improve your memory, boost creativity levels, and even stimulate motivation, in healthy minded individuals.
Sounds pretty intriguing, right?
Well not all nootropics are created equal.
As you all know, Gym Junkies always will choose the healthier alternative! So, today we are here to review a nootropic supplement called Cogniflex made by a company called Sure Science.
Real deal or total scam?
What Exactly is Cogniflex and What Does it Do?
The product Cogniflex is a nootropic supplement that is made to help ‘unlock’ your brain’s potential. Cogniflex claims to help the consumer improve multiple areas of their cognitive function such as increasing your memory, stimulating concentration, and long lasting focus. While some will not experience memory loss until their older years, others can develop minor symptoms in their 20s and 30s which is when the brain cells start to deteriorate.
Other conditions such as lack of concentration and focus, inability to recall information and ‘brain fog’ can all be due to stress and anxiety or bad cerebral blood circulation. Whatever the cause, Cogniflex is said to improve the condition quickly and effectively – without leaving you “over stimulated.” It is said to be non-addictive and should not cause harmful side effects.
CogniFlex goes for a many sided approach to improving your brain function. It increases energy levels by making more ATP available. These elevated energy levels support an increase in neural activity, which is the result of increased acetylcholine production.
All of this increased super brain power is off-set by the calming power of Theanine, and blood flow to the brain is hyped up by the Bacopa.
Cogniflex Ingredient List
This is where a red flag pops up. “Proprietary blend” aka we can put whatever we want in this mix and not tell you blend. While its not rare, it still is not fully transparent with consumers which a big red flag in our book.
The FDA requires all manufacturers to list all of the ingredients in a product on its label, which includes amounts of each ingredient used, unless the ingredients are part of a proprietary blend-then the specific amount of each individual ingredient in the blend does not have to be listed, only the total.
If you have a great product with solid ingredients to be proud of then there should be no reason to hide.
Moving on, it looks like we have the following : L-Tyrosine, Rhodiola Rosea, Vinpocetine, Huperzine A, L-Theanine, Bacopa Monnieri.
In any case, here’s a quick breakdown of the ingredients and what they do:
- Acetyl L-Carnitine: This is simply an acetylated form of carnitine; an amino acid responsible for moving fatty acids into the mitochondria of cells. Carnitine is therefore an essential nutrient for maintaining cellular energy levels. This is key in boosting your brain power. Recent studies have found that carnitine supplementation might be an effective complementary treatment for dementia patients, but more testing is needed.
- Rhodiola Rosea: aka King’s Crown, Golden Root, Aaron’s Rod. This herb, Rhodiola Rosea is consumed regularly in many part around the globe and it’s ability to enhance mental energy is pretty established. If you’re familiar with it, you know it does have a bite to it!
- Bacopa Monnieri: this is in most modern nootropic supplements, which isn’t surprising as it has been used for centuries as a kind of cure-all, go-to ingredient. The main way in which it seems to promote health is by acting as a potent antioxidant, protecting the brain’s cells from attack. It has been observed in numerous studies to be a potent memory enhancing agent.
These ingredients are pretty common for modern nootropics, but other products often contain much more.
Also, other products are more open with their consumers and are happy to tell you how much of each ingredient is in their formula rather than using a proprietary blend.
Where Can I Purchase CogniFlex and How Much Does it Cost?
If you are still interested in giving it a whirl, you can purchase is directly from their site here. They offer a money back guarantee which is a good fall back.
Cogniflex is offered at two different price options. One bottle of the product can be purchased for $47.95, a discount from the regular retail cost of $68.00 or consumers can opt for 5 bottles, with a buy 3, get 2 free offer.
We are rating this supplement 3 out of 5 stars. While the idea sounds great and we support natural alternatives and always look for ways to improve our mental and psychical health, the ingredients list is not fully transparent, what is provided it limited and the ingredients are common in other similar products.
The price is average, the money back guarantee is reassuring, another red flag was the redirect page from their site. Seems a bit like a scam product by the looks of it but can tell you that we were in fact not scammed.
The reviews online were mixed..and from our personal experience with it, we did notice a boost in energy but our concentration and focus was not as improved as hoped. Supplements vary for each individual, so if you are still thinking about it then give it a shot! Let us know if you do.
Latest posts by Terry Asher (see all)
- My Natural CBD Oil Tincture Review - Jul 17, 2018
- New Gym Junkies Podcast – Life Unfiltered Episode 2 - Jul 12, 2018
- What is Muscle Confusion? - Jul 11, 2018